If we are completely honest about ourselves and together we use the Twelve Steps of Workaholics Anonymous and the Tools of W.A. in our lives, we will soon begin to receive these gifts of sanity and balance:
The Promises of Workaholics Anonymous
- We are not obsessed by work or plagued by work aversion.
- Adrenaline seeking loses its hold on us. Excessive worry and anxiety become a thing of the past.
- We have a daily plan of action that faces the reality of time, priorities, health, and relationships.
- Fears that there won't be enough time, money or love leave us.
- We learn to play and have fun together.
- We repair broken relationships and form new ones.
- Health and self-nurturance return.
- Self-seeking and ego inflation do not drive our decisions.
- We lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in and compassion for our partners, families, co-workers, and friends.
- We experience how well the tools of the program help us handle problems which used to confuse and defeat us.
- We ask for help and reach out to help others.
- We find that our Higher Power helps us in a way self-reliance never could.
Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are already happening in the lives of many among us. For those of you who are new to our fellowship, there are no problems that you have experienced that are not common to us. We welcome you with the deepest respect. When we apply this program with honesty and compassion, a place of serenity grows in us one day at a time.